12.21.2007

12.21.07

Instead of writing about Waitress (postponed, but not forgotten), I am going to attempt to justify (not to myself, I am without shame) my love for Rowan Atkinson.
I find genius appealing. There are many types of genius out there and I think someone who makes me laugh is, in fact, worthy of genius status. Let me demonstrate with this treasured scene from Love Actually:



Then, who can forget this memorable ceremony from Four Weddings and a Funeral?:


And this fresh Hell:


And then The Thin Blue Line? Who really can resist it?:


'Besides which I could issue the fellow with a cruise missile permit and you would still look a Dickey-Doo-Da'.
Then, for last, the uncomfortable first date:


Each of these characters are not particularly good looking or even smart, but Rowan Atkinson is (to me) endlessly varied and hilarious, which makes him accidentally attractive and, yes, a genius.
With what my sister calls 'the writer's block' still stretching endlessly before us into the future, I recommend getting yourself over to Youtube and watching some of the many excellent Rowan Atkinson' videos. Me? Well, I suppose I should get back to work....................
(But first I recommend this comic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home