4.20.2006

Patching

Well I read the knit repair article in the latest issue of Knitty. This inspired me to re-examine the worn elbows problem in one of my favorite sweaters.
Purchased from jcrew back when they still had good internet sales (yes, I do hold onto my clothes that long.) The elbows were so worn that patching was the only option, it is impossible to repair yarn that is meltling into nothingness.

This is my elbow patch solution - pinned in place for contemplation of worthiness. This patch shape has been the recipient of long hours of consideration, test knitting, frogging and reknitting. Oval was deemed too normal, rectanguler was slightly odd and circular didn't look right. Now I just have to attach and match up the other side so I don't look crooked from the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home