11.06.2006

of course, like a horrible, horrible person

Am completely stupid and read the twisted rib stitch incorrectly. Luckily was not far along and re-did it without problems. It's much faster when you work the pattern right....duh. ANYWAY. Knitted a bit over the weekend, am not so far along... This is the back panel.Found this cute thing, from surfing off links from this artist's blog. I ordered it this morning. After all my good intentions of not spending money too. I have trouble resisting prints. It will look so awesome on my wall. I love that pretty darn swell is very clear how much of the proceeds are donated to which causes.
Note: I was astonished by the think before you pink website (found from jodi's site) and which money ended up where.
All last month when shopping at Safeway the checkers asked shoppers if they would like to make a donation for Breast Cancer. I kept declining, feeling all the while somehow inadequate and, of course, like a horrible, horrible person. This sparked a discussion at work that revealed guy's are sweet and complete suckers for a cause (not that it's not a good cause, but how much is Safeway donating and to where?) BUT along with the story, apparently my certain employee did in fact donate at safeway, and a rather largish amount, at a checkstand where the lady knew him. This did not prevent her from continually asking him each time he returned if he would like to donate for breast cancer, making him feel by subsequently declining, somehow inadequate and, of course, like a horrible, horrible person. There is no moral to this story. I was, however, secretly pleased to know that they were hitting up the guys for money and not just me. How much is enough? We all donate to causes we personally believe in, relate to, are touched by, or it seems, are guilted into. What is our motivation? Should we be driven by guilt to support a cause we may believe in but are less than enthusiastic about the method of collection? Or is it true? Am I just, of course, like a horrible, horrible person?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home