4.11.2007

Well....

Knitting News: I am awaiting the last of the yarn to finish my rusted root sweater. Wouldn't you know my Yarn Shop ran out of my chosen color? i only have the sleeves left and about 10 stitches to bind off on the bottom. since it is just pointless to attach an entire ball of yarn to bind off 10 stitches, i may try it on again and make it a little longer. I hate it when love handles peek out of sweaters. Anyway, I picked up some Patagonia Nature Cotton on sale and am undecided how to use it. How could i resist? just look at it, in all its purple/brown splendor. Briefly considered the Eyelet Cardigan but am now rethinking. With so much color going on, would it look better in plain old Stockinette? Any thoughts?

Anyway, in unrelated non-knitting news: Got up at the crack of dawn to pick up hustler at the Airport after not sleeping most of the night due to horrid cold and got call about 7: to say they had messed up his flight and he is not coming til the afternoon. My boss has been away for two full weeks now and still doesn't know when he is returning. So Oregon trip to see parental units is still undecided, perhaps Tuesday? Was told by two separate people yesterday how nice it was that Lee and her two roommates are going to be living with me. Somehow I only remember telling her that they could crash with me until they found a rental.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i can't beleive it i just ordered the very same yarn...10 skeins of it! i love the arucania nature cotton and i have the very same color love the purples. it's my very favorite yarn. hmm what coul d we make out of it. i think stockinette stitch is way better for this yarn. that's what my plan is anyway. i'm thinking of a short carduigan but could change my mind. if i find a pattern that speaks to me i'll let you know!.

4/14/2007 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home