7.16.2007

more environmental guilt.......and some knitting

I have been wanting to make a market bag and cut down on using the pesky plastic bag. I started experimenting with hemp twine but found it too hard on my hands and downright tricky to knit. Then today, purl sent a newsletter with the loveliest tote pattern from Elisa. The bag is quite stylish which is good, because who wants to lug around an ugly bag at the grocery store? I think I probably have some yarn at home to use, if nothing else i have a giant cone of variegated/tacky cotton left over from when i was beginning to knit, maybe I could dye it a more appealing color? I know it seems sacrilegious but I also have some Patagonia Nature Cotton that would be quite striking.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home