1.26.2009

1.26.09

I've had a post in the works about my beloved Aune skirt for a week - but no decent pictures. Here is some filler in the mean time in no particular order:

I stumbled across 1000 novels everyone must read from the Guardian through Tor. There are some books that are so familiar I wonder if I've actually read them or if it is all in my imagination....does this happen to anyone else?

How can spammers be so ridiculous? Today it was the Oceanic Bank of Nigeria PLC (how could anything sound more made up?Does this a bank have a branch located on the island in Lost? ). Look how they began:
Attention
Good Evening My Dear,
That is just the greeting of a pervy uncle

Last week I was contacted by (and I quote) :
Mrs. Marina Litvinenko, wife of Alexander Litvinenko, a former
Russian security officer who died in a London hospital after apparently
being poisoned with the highly-toxic metal thallium by Mr Lugovoi,a
Russian Government Paid agent.
My spammers are VERY highly connected

and Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book has won the Newberry Medal. yay!





1 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia Levy said...

I've gotten those kind of letters too, but not specifically that one. I'm always amazed at their inventiveness, they should write books instead of spam!

Thanks for taking part in my little blog celebration :)

1/29/2009 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home